Coming up This Week
• Mental Health Awareness: Reminder that a parental event is taking place at school on Tuesday 12th December from 5pm – 6pm. Please respond to the email by Friday 8th December if you wish to book a place.
• Music Tuition Spring Term: Letters have been emailed to whole school informing parents about the music tuition on offer. The deadline for payments via ParentPay is 4pm on Thursday 15th January 2024, after which the timetables will be done and no more will be accepted. If your child is currently having music tuition, please remember that your child will only be timetabled if we receive the payment. Pupil Premium students must ensure they complete the reply slip and hand in by the deadline date, if they want to be included.
• Year 7 Pupil Premium: On Wednesday 6th December, Year 7 PP students will take part in the ChristMATHS Event. A-side during Periods 1-2; B-side during Periods 3-4.
• Year 10 Video Parents’ Evening: The letters are being prepared and will be sent out this week. You will get an “advance warning” of when this will happen to ensure you do not miss it. Year 10 Video Parents’ Evenings are A side on Thursday 18th January and B side on Thursday 25th January.
• GCSE Art: Students in 11A/Ar1, 11C/Tx1 and 11D/Ar1 are to sit their Year 11 10-hour Art NEA on the following dates and periods:
- Wednesday 13th December P1-P3
- Thursday 14th December P1-P4
- Friday 15th December P1-P3
Students must bring their sketchbooks and relevant preparatory work.
• London Visit: The initial deposit of £100 will be required to secure the place on the Business/Media/Computing London visit in July 2024. All students who returned the reply slip have been given a letter outlining the first and subsequent payment dates. Payments can be made through ParentPay, cheque or cash. The initial deadline date for the first deposit is Friday 15th December 2023.
• Festive Fundraising: The festive season is upon us – a time, more than any other, for kindness and generosity! This year, we at CHS are supporting two Christmas charities and one community event, and we would be incredibly grateful if you could make a contribution to one or more of them.
- Firstly, we are supporting The Christmas Toy Appeal, run by Golden Square and Warrington Food Bank, which helps families who are struggling this year. Donations of new toys, books, gift vouchers, sweets or toiletries (suitable for children aged 0-16) can be made directly to school (drop them off at reception or Mr Dugdale’s office, K117).
- Secondly, we are supporting the St Joseph’s Family Centre Christmas Appeal, which helps families facing significant financial hardship by providing supermarket vouchers over the festive period. You can donate via ParentPay by clicking here.
- Thirdly, we will be running our own annual CHS Senior Citizens’ Christmas Party. It’s always a great pleasure to host the wisest in our community for Christmas dinner, live entertainment from the musical theatre group and bingo … but we desperately need funding. You can bring Christmas cheer and a warm glow to the darkest of months by making a donation by ParentPay (click here to donate via ParentPay) or by donating gifts that we can use for bingo prizes (smelly things, chocolates, gift packs). Any donated gifts should go to main reception or can be dropped off at Mr Dugdale’s office, K117.
• PE Notices:
- Tuesday 5th December - Year 8 Football at Great Sankey High School, returning CHS at approximately 5.30pm
- Tuesday 5th December - Year 10 Football at Cardinal Newman High School, returning to CHS at approximately 5.30pm
- Tuesday 5th December - All Years Girls Netball Training 3.00-4.00pm
- Wednesday 6th December - Year 10/11 Girls Netball Fixtures. Return to school at approximately 5.30pm
- Wednesday 6th December - Year 10 Cheshire cup Football Fixture at Altrincham Grammar School. 2.00pm kick-off, returning to CHS at approximately 5.00pm
- Wednesday 6th December - Year 7 Football Club 3.00-4.00pm
- Wednesday 6th December - Year 9 Football Club 3.00-4.00pm
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week