Coming up This Week
- Monday Week 2 Reminder: Monday 23rd May is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm.
- STEM Club: There will be no STEM Club on Thursday 26th May due extra Year 11 revision session. STEM will continue as normal after half term.
- Year 8 HPV Immunisations: Paper copies of the consent form have now been given to the outstanding Year 8 students who have not yet given consent online. Please ensure, if you have not done so already, that you complete the online consent form for the School Immunisation Team OR send in the paper consent form and hand in to Student Services. The team can be contacted on 01925 946808 if you have any problems. The Immunisations will be taking place on Tuesday and Wednesday, 7th and 8th June at school. Only students whose consent has been received will be immunised.
- Year 10 Maths PPE Wed/Thurs – CALCULATORS NEEDED. The first PPE will be split over two lessons on Wednesday 25th May and Thursday 26th May during lessons. Students must have their own scientific calculators for use during the assessments.
- London Business Studies/Media/Computing Visit: For students who are signed up to this visit, the final deposit of £135 is due on Friday 27th May. Full itinerary will follow after all the visits and attractions have been booked.
- Girls PE: Reminder of Girls’ Summer Extra-Curricular Clubs now taking place. On Tuesdays, after-school rounders for Years 7-9, and on Thursdays after-school athletics for Years 7-10.
- Alton Towers Reward Visit: Visit letters have all been circulated to students who are eligible. The visit takes place on Tuesday 19th July and payment of £20 is due no later than 25th May.
- Careers: Please use this link to access this week’s list of current Apprenticeship/Traineeship vacancies in and around Warrington; new vacancies are highlighted in green. These may be of use to you in supporting older children with Post-16 transition. For more information about apprenticeships and traineeships go to find an apprenticeship or find a traineeship. Please note, vacancies can be withdrawn before the advertised closing date at the discretion of the employer. Year 10 will soon be receiving information from local colleges regarding post-16 options and support that is in place, including any Taster Events, so please keep your eyes peeled for information and letters coming home.
- Spanish Summer Exchange Opportunity: Availability for one CHS student (in Year 10/11) to spend 2-3 weeks in late July or August with a host family based on the Northern coast of Spain (Miño, Galicia). The exchange will require the UK family to also host the Spanish son (15 year old) for 2-3 weeks. Being a student of Spanish is not essential as the son speaks good English. Please note this opportunity is not organised by the school but if interested, contact Miss Bolton in MFL Department who can put you in touch directly with the family.
- End of Term: Friday 27th May is the last day of the half-term; we look forward to seeing all students back in school on Monday 6th June.
Thought for This Week
Our Community, Your Community
Flag for This Week
Our Community, Your Community