Coming up This Week
• Monday Week 2: Reminder to parents that Monday 30th November is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm.
• Year 7 Flu Immunisation: The Flu Immunisation for Year 7 students is due to take place on Tuesday 1st December. Any students who are self-isolating on that date will get the chance to receive it on an extra session provisionally planned for Monday 14th December. No student will be immunised without consent; forms have been distributed and returned. If you have any problems, you can speak with the Nurse at Birchwood Clinic on 01925 843864. Thank you.
• Winter Funding: The government has announced a new winter package to provide further support for children and families. Children and families will get extra support this winter, with councils given new funding to ensure vulnerable households do not go hungry or without essential items. If you think that you might qualify, please watch out for this package and apply to your own local authority when it is launched in early December. More details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-winter-package-to-provide-further-support-for-children-and-families
• Christmas Hamper Campaign: Please follow this link and support the Christmas Hamper Campaign, run by St Joseph’s Family Centre, to support families who are struggling this Christmas.
• Work for Students Self-Isolating: All remote learning work for all students is now set on Google Classroom daily. When a student is self-isolating, they should complete the work uploaded by the teacher for their timetabled lessons each day.
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week
Scottish Flag (St Andrews Day)