Week commencing 19th July 2021 – Week 1
Coming up This Week
• End of Term: School will close at 1.15pm this Thursday 22nd July 2021 and school buses have been arranged for 1.15-1.30pm. A letter including full details of the day has been emailed to parents and is on the school website.
• Vacancy at Culcheth High School: We currently have a vacancy for the role of Science Technician at the school. This is a full time, term time and permanent role starting in September. For more information about the vacancy and details on how to apply, please click here.
• Sports Day: This year’s whole-school Sports Day, rescheduled following last week’s poor weather, is taking place on Tuesday 20th July and full details may be found by clicking this letter
• School Uniform Shopping: As term draws to a close, we’re already looking ahead to September. Our uniform provider SWI is working hard to make sure that despite the challenges posed by international shipping, COVID and Brexit, our parents will be able to find everything they need. This is a reminder that the best way to ensure your child has all the uniform they need in good time for the start of the school year is to shop early, if this is possible for you. Please visit the website of our uniform supplier SWI now, and register an account so that you can complete your shopping in good time and receive reminders, news on stock and special offers. We know not all parents are able to shop early, but the challenges posed when large numbers of families shop in the last two weeks of August is something we are all keen to avoid. After what has been an interesting school year, please help us to help you to ensure we all return in September prepared for the year ahead.
• GCSE Exam Results: These will be available for students to collect from the School Hall on Thursday 12th August 2021 between 9.00am and 10.30am. Please visit the school website for further information.
• September Arrangements 2021: The autumn term commences on Monday 6th September and a staggered start to the term has been arranged to allow for on-site Lateral Flow Testing (see below). A letter detailing these arrangements has been emailed to parents and is on the school website:
– Year 7 and Year 8 – Monday 6th September
– Year 10 and Year 11 – Tuesday 7th September
– Year 9 – Wednesday 8th September
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week
South African Flag (Nelson Mandela Day)