Please be advised the bus timetables will be changing from Monday 9th October. The updated bus timetables are attached but I would like to draw your attention to some particular changes/effects on each service:
Service 278 Padgate – Culcheth High School (via Hollins Green)
- Extended back to start from Cinnamon Brow, operating via Enfield Park Road then direct to its current start point in Green Lane.
- No effect on existing passengers.
- Any student currently boarding the service 279 at Crab Lane will need to walk to catch the 278 on Enfield Park Road (nearest normal bus stop).
Service 279 Birchwood – Culcheth High School
- Service to be withdrawn due to low numbers. See Service 278 (above) for new arrangements.
Service 280 Newton-le-Willows – Culcheth High School (via Winwick, Birchwood & Gorse Covert)
- Follows existing route to Winwick but will then turn left directly from Golborne Road into Myddleton Lane to Winwick Post Office, then existing route to Croft, Horseshoe.
- Will no longer operate to Winwick B&Q
- Diverted after Croft, Horseshoe to join the withdrawn service 279 route at Lords Lane (Locking Stumps), then via Locking Stumps, Oakwood and Gorse Covert to the School.
- The route will no longer serve New Lane or Lady Lane in Croft, pupils from these stops will need to use service 281 which is unchanged.
Service 281 Newton-le-Willows – Culcheth High School (via Pennington, Kenyon & Croft)
- No change to this service but it will provide the only facility from the New Lane and Lady Lane stops in Croft.
Please familiarise yourselves with the new timetables as times may have changed for your child’s bus stop.”