Coming up This Week
• Year 11 Pre-Public Exams run from 4th-8th November inclusive. The revision session timetable is available to view here.
• ADVANCED WARNING: 6 school weeks until Year 10 Pre-Public Exams (9th-13th December) – now is a really good time to start a revision programme.
• Year 8 Parents’ Evening 14th and 21st November: Personalised invite letters have been given to the students. Any absentees have been posted home. Please return the reply slip to student services as soon as possible. If you have not received your invite letter, please contact the school.
• Year 9 English Literature: Year 9 will begin their study of ‘Macbeth’ in English Literature lessons after half term. They will need their own copy of the play to annotate. The workbook and study guide are useful but not essential: ‘Macbeth’ The Complete Play (CGP edition) ISBN: 9781841461205; ‘Macbeth’ CGP Study Guide ISBN: 9781841461168; ‘Macbeth’ CGP Workbook ISBN: 9781782947776.
• Edexcel Business GCSE (9-1) Revision Guide: The Business department highly recommends that Business Studies students purchase the Edexcel Business GCSE (9-1) Revision Guide and Workbook to support revision and recall. These books can be bought online from providers such as Amazon and Waterstones. Details as follows: Pearson Education Revision Guide, ISBN-10: 129219071X or ISBN-13: 978-1292190716; Pearson Education Workbook, ISBN-10: 1292190701 or ISBN-13: 978-1292190709
• Year 11 History: please click here for a guide on how to support your son/daughter in their history GCSEs
• Netball and football Training for all year groups takes place on Tuesday 22nd October 3-4pm. There will be no girls’ sports fixtures this week.
• #WeAreCHS Rewards: Reminder to all parents and students, next week sees our #WeAreCHS Draw 2. One student in each year group will win a £25 Amazon voucher for their excellent conduct, with the Year 11 winner winning a Prom Ticket (subject to them meeting Mr Cushing’s strict criteria for attending the event). Students are to post their Respect, Honesty, Excellence tickets in the box at Student Services. Regards, Mr PH Groves.
• New York Visit – Could parents/carers of students attending the New York Visit in February please complete the passport form on their child’s Google Classroom. At present, there are 12 outstanding, and we need to send the detail to the airline by Wednesday 23rd October; any delays could incur a late charge. Please also note that all final payments are due by 25th October. Thank you in advance.
• Music Showcase: on Wednesday 23rd October, the school is presenting a Music Concert, showcasing the various musical talents at CHS from vocal and instrumental soloists to rock bands and ensembles. Tickets are still available via ParentPay at £4 each.
• Friday 25th October is the last day of the half-term; we look forward to seeing all students back in school on Monday 4th November.
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week