Coming up This Week
- Year 11 Pre-Public Exams run from 2nd-9th November inclusive. The revision session timetable is available to view here.
- ADVANCED WARNING: 6 school weeks until Year 10 Pre-Public Exams (10th-14th December) – now is a really good time to start a revision programme.
- ADVANCED WARNING: a letter will be coming out soon detailing our Children in Need 2018 non-uniform day on Friday 16th £2 donation per student- ideally in advance via ParentPay. Please note- lessons as per normal on the day itself: school locker keys, PE kit & usual school paraphernalia still required!
- Year 7 Maths-Whizz: Hopefully you have all received your letters and return slips regarding Maths-Whizz Breakfast Club for select students in Year 7. A reminder that an invitation was also included to a Parental Information Evening on the 1st November for additional information. If you have any questions, please contact Miss Smith in the Maths Department.
- Our Music Showcase is being held in the School Hall on Tuesday 30th October at 6:30pm. Tickets are available now at a cost of £4 via ParentPay.
- School Production: Tickets for the 2018 school production will be on general sale from Monday 29th October on ParentPay or via cash/cheque at Student Services. Tickets are priced at £10 and production dates are Wednesday 28th, Thursday 29th and Friday 30th Please note that tickets are allocated with seat numbers, so it is advisable to purchase in one transaction if you wish to be seated together.
- Production hoodies are able to be purchased for the Cast and Tech Crew. These are grey and will have CAST or TECH CREW printed on the back. These are available to purchase on ParentPay and are priced at £17.50. Please select the size at size of hoodie at time of purchase and the deadline for orders is Monday 29th
- Year 8 Parents’ Evening: Letters will be given to Year 8 students in form week commencing 29th October 2018 inviting parents to attend the Year 8 Parents’ Evening (A side Thursday 15th November; B side Thursday 22nd November). This is a chance to meet with teachers and get a brief summary of how they are doing in specific subjects. There will be a tear-off slip for you to choose 9 teachers and return to school as soon as possible. No other correspondence will be sent out. If we do not receive a reply slip you will receive a text message informing you of this.
- English GCSE: Please be aware Year 11 students should have a letter giving information on the English Language revision workbook that can be purchased through school at a reduced cost. The letter may be read here.
- New York City Visit 2020: Letters should be available this week for the NYC visit. The Visit is open to Media and Business students in Years 9 and 10. A £300 deposit is due on 9th November along with the permission slip return. A ballot may be needed if more students than places occur.
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week