Coming up This Week
- School will close at 12.05pm this Friday, 20th July and school buses have been arranged for 12.15pm. A letter including full details of the day has been emailed to parents and is on the school website.
- GCSE Exam Results will be available for collection from the School Hall on Thursday 23rd August 2018 from 8.45am. Please visit the school website for further information.
- MAD (Making A Difference) Culcheth: Based on feedback from students at Culcheth High School, a number of groups, including those shown on this flyer, will be providing a number of activities (sports, snack bar, music, games, wi-fi) over the summer. The sessions run every Friday from 20th July to 31st August (except 24th August) from 7-9pm. The cost is £1 per session for all young people of High School age, at Culcheth High School. For more information contact Ruth Whitworth on 01925 443098 or email MADCulcheth@gmail.com.
- Notice to all parents: the CPD Consultation Response document, regarding the change to the school day on alternate Mondays from September 2018, was sent by email to all parents and partner primary schools on Friday 22nd June. A copy of this may also be found here or on the front page of the school website.
- Uniform – View/Try On/Order/Collect/Exchange – Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th July 3.15pm to 6.00pm
- Year 8 English: From September 2018, Year 9 (current Year 8) students will study William Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’. They will need the following version of the play for annotating in lessons and the study guide and workbook can be purchased to support study: ‘Macbeth’ The Complete Play (CGP edition) ISBN: 9781841461205; ‘Macbeth’ CGP Study Guide ISBN: 9781841461168; ‘Macbeth’ CGP Workbook ISBN: 9781782947776.
- Year 8 English: As Year 9 (current Year 8) students will be beginning their two English GCSE courses simultaneously, they will require two lever arch folders, two pads of paper and a packet of plastic wallets at the beginning of the new academic year. Pupil Premium students will be provided with these in September as part of their GCSE pack, along with set texts, study guides and workbooks
- Year 9 English: From September 2018, Year 10 (current Year 9) students will study ‘A Christmas Carol’. They will need the following version of the novella for annotating in lessons and the study guide and workbook can be purchased to support study: ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens (Virtual Books Classic Edition) ISBN: 9781521903100;‘ A Christmas Carol’ CGP Study Guide ISBN: 9781782943099;‘A Christmas Carol’ CGP Workbook ISBN: 9781782947806.
- Year 9 English: As Year 10 (current Year 9) students will be covering aspects of GCSE English Language from September, they will need a new lever arch folder to keep the two courses separate, a pad of paper and a packet of plastic wallets at the beginning of the new academic year..
- Year 9 Rugby: Wednesday 18th July sees the Year 9 Warrington Rugby final vs Bridgewater High School. It will be held at Victoria Park and kicks-off at 6pm; players must arrive by 5.20pm.
- Year 10 Duke of Edinburgh students: please return any borrowed kit before the end of term; tents, stoves and rucksacks.
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week
South African Flag (Nelson Mandela Day)