Coming up This Week
- We look forward to welcoming all students back in school on Monday 25th February at 8.40am.
- Reminder to parents: Monday 25th February is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm. Year 7 and 8 students who have returned parental permission slips requesting to remain in school, will be supervised and will leave the school site via main reception at 3.00pm.
- Year 9 English Literature: After half term, Year 9 students will be studying ‘An Inspector Calls’. They will need the following version of the play for annotating in lessons and the study guide and workbook can be purchased to support study: ‘An Inspector Calls’ by J.B. Priestley ISBN: 9780141185354; ‘An Inspector Calls’ GCP Study Guide ISBN: 9781841461151; ‘An Inspector Calls’ CGP Workbook ISBN: 9781782947769
- Year 10 History students: Please provide consent and pay £15.50 voluntary contribution as soon as possible for the Medical Museum visit on either 27th February or 5th March 2019. Duplicate letters are available from your child’s History teacher should you require one. Thank you.
- Year 10 Parents’ Evening (A Side only) is on Thursday 28th February: 10H and 10U at 4pm; 10M and 10A at 5.00pm. Letters for the event were handed out to your child in tutor time before half term. You will have received a text message if we have not received your reply slip. If you have received a text and would like to attend please call school to confirm your attendance and appointments will be made for you.
- Year 11 Geography students: Please provide consent and pay £5.50 voluntary contribution as soon as possible for the field visit on either 6th or 7th March 2019. Duplicate letters are available from your child’s Geography teacher should you require one. Many thanks.
- All Year 11 English students: Please pay £1.70 voluntary contribution as soon as possible for the visiting theatre company performance of ‘An Inspector Calls’ on 1st March 2019. Duplicate letters are available from your child’s English teacher should you require one. Many thanks.
- The Year 11 French revision session will take place in the Conference Room – S123/S124 – on Tuesday 19th February (during the holiday) from 10 am to 1pm. Please, don’t forget to bring your reply slip to Mrs Lepetit by the end of the week if you are attending it.
- Following routine uniform checks in form time this week, we are delighted to find that standards remain exceptionally high across the school. For the tiny minority of infringements, however, a letter will be sent home to specific parents enlisting their support in remedying any such issues over half term. Mr PH Groves (Assistant Headteacher- Behaviour)
- Condover Hall Netball Residential: For students attending the netball visit to Condover Hall 10th-12th May, please note that Friday 1st March is the deadline for all final payments and paperwork to be returned to school. Please contact Mrs Quicler at school with any issues.
- Culcheth-2-Soweto Fundraisers! Tickets Available on ParentPay Now: Annual family fundraiser at The Raj, Culcheth, on Sunday 17th March. Come and join us for an afternoon of food and fun! The ticket includes: complimentary drink on arrival, four course Indian banquet, sweet buffet, live entertainment, hamper and Easter egg raffle, quiz and much more! This fantastic event is open to everyone in our school and local community and tickets are £20 per person. Book a place at the event by paying a £10 deposit via Parent Pay or through Miss Longden, and pay the remaining balance on arrival at the event. All dietary requirements catered for, even for the non-Indian food lovers. Proceeds go to Culcheth-2-Soweto.
- Summer Ball – Saturday 22nd June 2019, Birchwood Golf Club (over 18s). Following the success of the 2018 event, a date is set for the next Summer Ball! Tickets are £30 per person and this includes: welcome drink and canapés on arrival, three course sit down dinner, live entertainment, DJ and Disco, sweet buffet, games, top prize auction and much more! Secure your place with a deposit of £10 which can be paid via Parent Pay, and pay the balance at a later date. This event is open to our school and local community so bring family and friends to dance the night away and tickets are now available to buy on ParentPay and selling fast!
- Summer Ball Table Sponsorship. Are you a business owner or part of a company who may be interested in sponsoring a table at our Summer Ball? The sponsorship fee is £50 and we will actively promote the business on the night with your name being displayed on the table itself and in our event programme. We will also include your company name and details in future material in recognition of the sponsorship. We had 10 successful sponsorships from businesses last year – why not join them? All proceeds of funds raised from table sponsorship goes to Culcheth-2-Soweto and you can sign up and pay on ParentPay now!
- Monday 25th February: Netball Leaders coaching Primary Netball High 5 in Sports Hall 2pm-4pm. Any queries regarding this please speak to Miss Flaherty.
- Tuesday 26th February: U13s Semi Final Cheshire Cup away match at Blacon High School. Kick-off 2.15pm. Approximate arrival back at school is 4.30pm. PE kit, shin pads and astros will be needed to play. Students are also advised to bring a packed lunch and warm clothing.
- Tuesday 26th February: Year 10 National Champion Schools Rugby fixture vs Brooksbank High School (Huddersfield). Fixture is away, with a 2.30pm kick-off. Selected players will leave school at 1.30pm and will require a packed lunch.
- Tuesday 26th February: No football training 3-4pm due to Miss Flaherty being at a fixture.
- Wednesday 27th February: Year 7-10 Boys’ Football vs Birchwood (after school). Year 7 and 9 play at Culcheth and Year 8 and 10 away at Birchwood.
- Wednesday 27th February: Year 9 Football Tournament at Lymm High School 3.30pm-5.30pm approx. arrival back at school 6.00pm. Shin pad and astros will be needed to allow you to play.
- Thursday 28th February: Fitness Club in B103, 3.00-4.00pm. Students are allowed to wear their own appropriate gym wear and are advised to bring a bottle of water. All year groups welcome.
Thought for This Week
Diversity (LGBT Awareness)
Flag for This Week
The Welsh Flag will appear on Thursday 1st March for St David’s Day