Coming up This Week
- Water bottles: With the on-set of the warmer weather, please ensure your child brings a refillable water bottle to school to ensure they remain hydrated throughout the day. Bottles can be replenished at the water cooler at Student Services. Foldable water bottles can be purchased at Student Services at a cost of £1.50.
- Year 9 Pre Public Examinations commence week beginning 30th These will take place in normal lessons and will cover content studied so far this year.
- Year 11 Parents: It is now only three weeks before the start of the GCSE examinations. Please click link for full timetable of the scheduled exams to assist you and your child during this period. Your child will be receiving another copy of their personalised GCSE exam timetable week commencing 30th April which will detail their exam rooms and seat numbers. Please ensure your child checks the timetable as tiers of entry may have changed for some subjects since the last exam timetable they received. Any queries please contact Mrs Bennett in the Exams Office.
- Year 11 Revision timetable: Please find an up to date copy of our Year 11 Revision Session Timetable. Students should be conducting regular structured revision and independent study in order to best prepare them for the exam series beginning in three weeks.
- Year 10 Pre-Public exams will be taking place from Monday 18th June to Thursday 21st Personalised exam timetables were given out to students on Friday 20th April during registration. If either you or your child has any queries with the timetable, please speak to either Mrs Tanner or Mrs Bennett in the Exams Office. The 2017-2018 Examination booklet is on our school website in the parents’ section. The booklet provides both students and parents with information, advice and exam board procedures/regulations which apply for both internal and external examinations.
- Uniform Sales: Please visit our new and improved online uniform shop, now with added benefit of paying via PayPal. http://shop.culchethhigh.org.uk/
- Year 10 GCSE RE: The visit to Ulverston Buddhist Centre will take place on Thursday 14th June. If you have not already done so, please could you return payment and consent to school as soon as possible. If your child requires a duplicate copy of the letter, they should see their RE teacher.
- Y9 English: Students will require a copy of the play An Inspector Calls and a supporting revision guide for their GCSE English Literature studies. Study of this text will begin once they have completed their PPE on the 1st of May. As a department, we recommend the following texts: Copy of the play: ISBN-13: 978-0141185354 and Revision guide: ISBN-13: 978-1841461151. The following workbook would also support revision of this text as they enter Year 10: Workbook: ISBN-13: 978-1782947769
- Year 7 Parents’ Evenings: A Side 3rd May and B Side 10th May 2018. Invite letters were handed to all students in tutor time week commencing 16th April and any absentees’ letters were posted home. Please send in the reply slip before Monday 23rd April to ensure appointments can be made. No other correspondence goes out regarding this evening. If you have not returned the reply slip by the deadline you will receive a text message to remind you so that you will not miss out.
- Music Tuition Summer Term: Lessons commence from Monday 23rd April 2018. All payments should be in by now but if you have missed the deadline and still wish for your child to continue with their lessons this term, please get in touch with the school as they will not be included on the timetable.
- Cheshire Schools Dot-Art Competition: WE NEED YOUR VOTE. In Culcheth High School’s Art Department, we entered the work of 25 Year 9 students and three have been shortlisted to be entered in an Exhibition at the Story House Chester in June. To win an individual and school prize, we need your vote for one of our three shortlisted candidates. Please follow the link, select Culcheth High School and register your VOTE. http://cheshire.schools.dot-art.com/schools/secondary
- Football Fixtures: All teams play at home on Wednesday 25th Years 7 and 10 play against Sir Thomas Boteler, and Year 9 plays against Kings Leadership Academy. All matches kick-off at 3.45pm.
Thought for This Week
Flag for This Week
English Flag (St George’s Day)