Week commencing 20th September 2021 is a Week 1
Coming up This Week
• Reminder to parents Monday Week 2: Monday 27th September is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm.
• Save the Date: Open Evening for prospective Year 6 students coming soon….Thursday 7th October 2021. We look forward to welcoming you to Culcheth High School.
• Lateral Flow Testing: Please be informed that home-testing with Lateral Flow Test devices will now continue for the full autumn term, and so school will continue to send home testing kits until the end of December for those who have consented. Please continue to:
– Test twice a week at home (all those who are able to). It is recommended that tests are conducted on Wednesdays and Sundays.
– Report results online as positive, negative or void. This information is critical in helping to understand the prevalence of the virus across the country
• Year 7 CATS: Year 7 students are completing their Cognitive Ability Tests (CATs) next week in school. Information is being shared with students this week so they are aware of what the testing entails. As a school it provides us with valuable data as this year there is no Key Stage 2 data available. There is no need for any preparation in advance of the tests.
• Year 9 Parental Evening Thursday 30th September: Our online event goes live at 6pm on the CHS YouTube channel and school website. Parents can hear more about the options process, which will be undertaken during Year 9.
• Pupil Premium Information Evening 29th September: An e-mail link will be sent to all relevant parents to view this presentation from the PP Team. This event has been pre-recorded for parents/carers to watch at their convenience. It will go live on the school’s YouTube channel from 6pm on 29/09/21.
• Uniform: With only a handful of exceptions the overall standard of uniform remains exceptionally high. Many thanks for your continued support. As the winter encroaches, please remind your son or daughter to use their locker or bag to store their coats. They should not be worn on the corridors and students will be asked to remove them.
• STEM Club: This will begin on Thursday 14th October 3-4pm in K114 for Years 8 and 9 students. If you are interested, please see or e-mail Mrs Andrews.
• Year 11 History GCSE: Your child will receive a letter this week regarding revision guides. If you would like to purchase a set of these books, please be aware that the deadline for orders is Friday 15th October. The books will automatically be ordered for students in receipt of Pupil Premium.
Thought for This Week
Learning to Fail
Flag for This Week