Coming up This Week
- Reminder to parents: Monday 10th December is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm. Year 7 and 8 students who have returned parental permission slips requesting to remain in school, will be supervised and will leave the school site via main reception at 3.00pm.
- Year 10 PPEs commence on Monday 10th Results will be shared with students on Friday 18th January 2019.
- The Candlelit Carol Service is held on Tuesday 18th December at 7.00pm at Newchurch Parish Church. You are warmly invited to come along and hear the students perform, and to enjoy the opportunity for some festive reflection and carol singing. Students who are performing will be expected to arrive at 6.30pm, and will need to be in full school uniform. The service will finish at approximately 8.00pm and parents will be responsible for ensuring that their child arrives home safely.
- Year 7 students have received a letter informing parents about the Carol Service visit for Year 7 students only which takes place on Wednesday 19th December during lesson 4.
- GCSE History Visit: A polite reminder that the deadline for the payment for the Year 10 Leeds Thackeray Medical Museum visit is Friday 14th Payment may be made via ParentPay or at Student Services.
- Iceland Visit 2019: A polite reminder that the final payment for Iceland is due by 15th December 2018. Responses to the Google Form sent via email, along with the behaviour contract and a photocopy of your child’s passport and EHIC card, are now overdue and are required in school as soon as possible.
- Music Tuition Spring Term 2018-19: If your child wishes to continue or commence music tuition then letters are available from their Form Tutor or Student Services this week. The deadline, so we can prepare timetables, will be Wednesday 12th December 2018.
- Year 11 Parents’ Evenings – 17th and 24th January 2019: Letters for Year 11 Parents’ Evenings will be handed out to your child in form time this week. If your child is absent then it will be posted home. If you do not receive one, your child may collect a duplicate from Student Services. Please return the reply slips before we break up for Christmas.
Thought for This Week
The Rule of Law
Flag for This Week