Coming up This Week
- Monday Week 2 Reminder to Parents: Monday 9th December is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm. Year 7 and 8 students who have returned parental permission slips requesting to remain in school, will be supervised and will leave the school site via main reception at 3.00pm.
- Warrington Toy Appeal: CHS is supporting the Warrington Toy Appeal again this year, aiming to ensure that no children in Warrington go without a Christmas present this year. Donations of Christmas gifts suitable for children up to 16 will be gratefully received. Deadline: Monday 16th December.
- The Candlelit Carol Service is held on Tuesday 17th December at 7.00pm at Newchurch Parish Church. You are warmly invited to come along and hear the students perform, and to enjoy the opportunity for some festive reflection and carol singing. Students who are performing will be expected to arrive at 6.30pm, and will need to be in full school uniform. The service will finish at approximately 8.00pm and parents will be responsible for ensuring that their child arrives home safely.
- Year 7 students will receive a letter informing parents about the Carol Service visit for Year 7 students only which takes place on Wednesday 18th December during lesson 4.
- Year 7 Accelerated Reader: All Year 7 students should now have completed their Accelerated Reader Star Reading Test and will have been given a personalised book level to work at. They will complete a quiz at the end of each book and move through the book levels. In addition to reading for 10 minutes at the beginning of all English lessons, it is recommended that students should read for 30 -45 minutes three times a week at home.
- Year 7 Parents/Carers: Please encourage your child to support our Year 7 Christmas Charity Appeal. We are collecting items for Warrington Foodbank. It would be lovely if each student in Year 7 could bring in one item. There are collection boxes in every form room, along with a list of food items needed.
- Music Tuition Spring Term: Letters to existing students have been posted home asking if they wish to continue with their Music Tuition for the Spring Term. Please ensure payment is made by Wednesday 18th December to ensure they will be timetabled. Pupil Premium students should ensure they bring in the reply slip indicating they wish to carry on. Parents paying on ParentPay do not need to send the reply slip in as you should complete the “notes” field when paying. Letters for students who may wish to commence Music Tuition in the Spring Term are available to pick up from Student Services, with the same deadline date.
- Year 11 Parents’ Evenings 16th and 23rd January 2020: Invite letters were handed to students in tutor time from Tuesday 2nd December. If students were absent, the letters were posted home. We are asking for the reply slips to be returned by Wednesday 18th December 2020 before we break up for Christmas.
- Girls’ Sport: On Tuesday 10th December, we have girls’ football training 3-4pm on the astro-turf. All players welcome from all year groups. There will be no netball training on Tuesday 10th December. This will start again after Christmas. On Thursday 12th December, U14s Round 2 Cheshire Cup (Year 8 & 9s) rearranged away fixture against Hartford High, 3.00pm kick-off. Parents are welcome to spectate. All players will be leaving for the fixture during Period 5, arriving back to school at approx. 5.30pm traffic pending.
Thought for This Week
The Rule of Law
Flag for This Week