Coming up This Week
- Reminder to parents: Monday 20th January is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm. Year 7 and 8 students who have returned parental permission slips requesting to remain in school, will be supervised and will leave the school site via main reception at 3.00pm.
- Year 8 Options Evening takes place on Monday 3rd February from 4.30-6.30pm, with registration beginning at 4.15pm. Options Booklets and an invite to the evening will be circulated in the near future.
- Reminder: KS3 Geography Club this Friday from 3-4pm in Miss Brock’s classroom, S103. All students welcome.
- Year 11 Computer Science revision guide letters have been sent and can be purchased through ParentPay. Deadline for orders is Friday 24th January.
- Year 11 Parents’ Evening (B side only) is on Thursday 23rd January. 11N and 11I is at 4pm; 11T and 11Y is at 5.00pm. Letters were given to students before Christmas and you will have received a text message if we have not yet received your reply slip. If you have received a text and would like to attend please call school to confirm your attendance and appointments will be made for you.
- GCSE Food Prep and Nutrition practical exams are Monday 27th January and Tuesday 28th January. All students have been informed of the date of their exam and a letter confirming this has been sent home.
- Year 11 Maths Revision Guides ordered last term are now ready for students to collect from Mrs Crookes in S208.
- Are you thinking about kick-starting an exciting new career in teaching? As a School’s Direct Lead School, we are now recruiting trainee teachers to begin their training at Culcheth High School in September 2020. Every day you’ll get the chance to inspire young people and use your skills to give something back – making sure every student gets the same access to a quality education and the opportunity to succeed. For more information, you can contact Jodie Lomax on email@example.com, click here for flyer, or visit as the next ‘Train to Teach’ event at Manchester Metropolitan University on 25th January 10am-3pm.
- New York City Visit: Students will be sent home with a Code of Conduct for the visit. We would be grateful if parents could go through this with students and then sign and return to school please.
- Girls’ Sport: All years’ football training on Tuesday 21st January 3-4pm. Please contact Miss Flaherty with any questions. On Thursday 23rd January, U13s Cheshire Cup Round 3 is being played at home against Sandbach High School. Kick-off is at 2.30pm. All players will need football boots and full PE kit.
- Homework at Culcheth High School: Please remember that you can check your child’s homework by asking them to show you their Google Classroom account.
- Year 9 Rugby: On Tuesday 21st January, the Year 9 rugby team play in the North West Schools Quarter Final tie vs Rainford High School at home. Kick-off is at 2.45pm and we hope to finish at approximately 4.00pm.
- Ski Visit: We are holding a Parents Information Evening on Wednesday 22nd January, 6.00pm in School Hall for all parents of students on the ski visit. Can we ask all involved in the ski trip to monitor their emails closely over the next few weeks, as this will be the main means of communication in the build-up to the trip. We shall be using the email address held on the school system, so please ensure the school has your up-to-date contact details.
Thought for This Week
Remembering the Holocaust
Flag for This Week