Coming up This Week
- We look forward to welcoming all students back in school on Monday 24th February at 8.40am.
- Reminder to parents: Monday 24th February is a Monday Week 2 and therefore school will finish at 2pm whilst our staff undertake training and development. School buses will depart at 2.15pm. Year 7 and 8 students who have returned parental permission slips requesting to remain in school, will be supervised and will leave the school site via main reception at 3.00pm.
- Year 9 Parents’ Evening (A Side only) is on Thursday 27th February: 9H and 9U at 4pm; 9M and 9A at 5.00pm. You will have received a text message if we have not received your reply slip. If you have received a text and would like to attend, please call school to confirm your attendance and appointments will be made for you.
- Reminder: KS3 Geography Club on Friday from 3-4pm in Miss Brock’s classroom, S103. All students welcome.
- Year 10 History: Year 10 students have been invited to attend our WWI Frontline Living History workshop which is taking place on 7th The deadline for return of permission slips was 14th February, so all outstanding slips will be appreciated as soon as we return to school after the half-term break.
- Uniform Standards: During half-term breaks come trips to the hairdressers, barbers, nail salons, beauty parlours, etc. These treats are to be enjoyed over the February half-term break but please ensure your child is compliant with Culcheth High School’s uniform and appearance rules on Monday February 24th False lashes and nails, in particular, should not be worn for school. Students will be asked to remove them and sanctions for refusal administered. Please also ensure your child is wearing a clip-on tie, which is compulsory throughout Years 7 to 11.
- #WeAreCHS Wednesdays: Every Wednesday, for the remainder of the academic year, there will be a FoodBank collection in ‘the Pod Quad’. Students may donate appropriate non-perishables in the box provided and Mr Groves will deliver them to a local FoodBank on a regular basis. Many thanks.
Thought for This Week
Diversity (LGBT Awareness)
Flag for This Week
The Welsh Flag will appear on Thursday 1st March for St David’s Day